Yogipod is founded on slow consumption. The idea that you buy something you truly love and it’ll last forever. Obviously we love repeat customers but truly hope that every product on the site is made to last.
A lot of care, skill and love goes into every part of manufacture and by purchasing you are helping to support artisans in the Jaipur region of Rajasthan. It’s these artisans that hand carve the blocks for the prints, hand print the designs and hand embroider the throws. Hand made. Slow. Beautiful
As all products are made by hand by myself, Georgie, I can be as sustainable as possible in how they are made.
- Lay planning and cutting out of pattern pieces is carefully planned to minimise waste
- Any “waste” offcuts are either composted, made into the Zero Waste Pouches or used to attach the affirmation swing tags to your purchase
- The sewing thread used is made from recycled polyester
- The buckwheat hulls that are used are actually a waste product from buckwheat production and are all organic and produced in the UK
Packaging and Delivery
When packaging and delivering your products we try to be as gentle to the planet as possible while also protecting your purchases
- Mailing bags derived from sugar cane are used for small items. These are reusable as well as recyclable and carbon neutral
- Paper mailing bags are used for larger items . These are fully recyclable and made from renewable resources
- Any packing tape used is paper tape
- Tissue paper used is recycled which is why it’s sometimes a little grey!
- Wherever possible we use a carbon offset delivery courier. Unfortunately at the moment due to the Covid-19 pandemic this is not possible
Every Order Plants a Tree
Working alongside Treesisters every single product order that is made with Yogipod plants a tree. If you’d like to find out more about Treesisters have a read here
For an up to date tree total check out the homepage!
There is always more that can be done in a business to make it sustainable so please head to the Sustainability Audit to see what is currently happening and being worked on.
Any questions then drop me an email