Yogipod collects different types of data from different sources in order to provide the best possible service to its clients. The data collected, methods of collection and reasons for collecting this data will be set out below as well as the length of time that data will be stored for and the rights that the data subject has.
We do not sell customer information to any company or third party.
By visiting www.yogipod.co.uk, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information we may collect from you during your visit
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give to us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on www.yogipod.co.uk or by corresponding with us by email or the contact form. This includes information you provide when you register for an account on the site, search for a product, place an order or use other services on the site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources
When someone visits www.yogipod.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone individual. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. This information is purely used in order to develop the website to work the best for its visitors.
We use a Facebook Pixel to track users behaviour on the website by using small pieces of code or Cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and any advertising we may display on it more relevant to your interests.
The data collected when the subject signs up to our email newsletter consists of:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
This data will be used to deliver updates on Yogipod classes, products, events and business updates.
This data is either captured in person on a newsletter sign up sheet or within the sign up forms on our website and social media. Consent is gathered from the subject through the process of signing up in person or through the sign up forms on our website or social media. Newsletters will always come with an option to unsubscribe or un-subscription can be requested by emailing email@example.com.
This data will not be shared with any third parties.
Yoga Students of Yogipod
When attending a yoga class run privately by Yogipod, Yogipod may require some data to be collected from the student to complete a booking or ensure their safety by filling out a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire. The data gathered could include the below:
- Payment details
- Emergency Contact and their contact details
- Medical history relating to physical and mental health
This information is gathered in order for us to:
- Provide the best service possible to the student
- To ensure that the service is delivered in a safe and appropriate way for the student
- To process the booking or purchase
- To ensure we have the relevant data within an emergency situation should the need occur
The legal basis for holding this information is:
- Contractual necessity – in order to fulfil our contract successfully with the student and to deliver the product or service contracted
- Legitimate interest – the collection of sensitive data (medical history) is in order to ensure our service is delivered safely and appropriately to the student.
This information will be held while the student is an active student of Yogipod and following that may be held for a further 6 years to fulfil any legal requirements. Should the student prefer this data not to be held for this length of time please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information will always be gathered with the students explicit consent and be stored confidentially and securely.
This data will not be shared with third parties.
People who have purchased products through Yogipod
When purchasing through Yogipod personal data will be gathered both by us and the third parties that run our ecommerce, Woocommerce, Stripe and PayPal. For their privacy policies please see here.
The data that Yogipod will collect when you purchase through www.yogipod.co.uk will consist of information required to fulfil your order. These will be:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Payment details
This information is required in order to provide the best possible service and experience when using our website and purchasing our products. The data gathered may be used for the below reasons:
- To deliver the item you have purchased
- To update you on the details of your order
- To provide the best possible customer service
- To make it easier next time you visit
- To gather reviews on your purchase
This data is being held under a contractual necessity in order for us to deliver the service contracted in relation to your purchase or enquiry.
We will not pass any of your personal information onto any third parties unless necessary to complete the fulfilment of your order, such as the courier company used to delivery any goods to you.
This data will be held for the duration of the contract with the purchaser and then for a further 6 years in order to fulfil any legal obligations. Should the subject prefer this data not to be held for this length of time please contact email@example.com.
Where to log queries or complaints regarding the holding of data
At any point there is the right of the subject to submit a Subject Access Request upon the receipt of which Yogipod will provide a copy of all the data held in relation to that subject within 30 days. This request can be filed by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject may also request for any of the below to happen to the data we currently hold on them too by contacting us on email@example.com.
- To request access to your data
- To correct or update your data
- To delete your data
- To restrict or object to how we use your data
- To move your data
Should the subject wish to lodge a complaint regarding the data capture and usage then they are within their rights to contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) to report their concerns.
Privacy Notice last updated May 2021
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping basket or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and any advertising we may display on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the below:
Google Analytics – Analytical/Performance – This cookie allows Google Analytics to distinguish users, which allows us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
Facebook Pixel – Analytical/Performance & Targeting – This cookie allows Facebook to distinguish users, which allows use to estimate audience size and usage pattern. For targeting it also stores information about your preferences and browsing which may be used for advertising. You can view your Facebook ads settings and update your preferences at any time.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.